* This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please read our affiliate page for more info.
Located in the Bernese Oberland Region, Grindelwald First is one of the best places to visit in the Swiss Alps. With fantastic views of Schreckhorn, Finsteraarhorn, Eiger, and Wetterhorn, you should definitely consider visiting it during your stay in Switzerland.
It is inevitable that logistical concerns will arise. Those who wish to travel by train in Switzerland need to know several specifics before doing so. In this article, we will explore the train journey between Interlaken and Grindelwald First.
How do you get from Interlaken to Grindelwald First, Switzerland? Let’s find out.
How To Get From Interlaken to Grindelwald First
As a first step, you should know about this website: www.sbb.ch. If you wish to install the app on your phone, they have one as well. Using the website, you can simply type in your arrival and departure destinations. After that, it will guide you to where you need to be and when.
How to Get from Interlaken to Grindelwald First By Train
You can easily reach Grindelwald First by train from Interlaken.
- From Interlaken West, you can either walk to Interlaken Ost or take the train.
- In Interlaken Ost, take the regional train to Grindelwald. Make sure you go to Grindelwald and not Grindelwald Terminal.
- In Grindelwald, leave the train station and go to the bus parking lot.
- Take one of these buses and get off at Grindelwald, Firstbahn:
- Bus 121 to Grindelwald, Oberer Gletscher
- Bus 122 to Grindelwald, Gletscherschlucht
- Bus 123 to Grindelwald, Kirche
- Once you reach Grindelwald, Firstbahn bus stop, you will have to walk up via Gydisdorf street until you reach the Grindelwald First Valley Station.
- Next, take the gondola to Grindelwald First.
How Long Does the Journey From Interlaken to Grindelwald First Take?
Below is the time it takes to travel from Interlaken to Grindelwald First (Valley Station).
In order to get to Grindelwald First from the valley station of Grindelwald First, you still have to take the gondola via Bort and Schreckfeld. Your travel time from Grindelwald to Grindelwald First will vary depending on how many people are ahead of you.
|Route||Duration (Fastest Connection)|
|Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald – Grindelwald First (Valley Station)||47 minutes|
|Interlaken West – Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald – Grindelwald First (Valley Station)||59 minutes|
How Much Will the Ticket From Interlaken to Grindelwald First Valley Station Cost?
A single journey ticket from Interlaken to Grindelwald First Valley Station costs the following (updated December 2022):
|Route||Full Fare (CHF)||Half Fare (CHF)|
|Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald First (Valley Station)||14.20||7.10|
|Interlaken West – Grindelwald First (Valley Station)||17.20||8.60|
NOTE: You will still need to purchase your mountain cable ride ticket from the valley station separately.
Can you drive into Grindelwald First?
Yes, you can take your car directly from Interlaken to Grindelwald. The total travel time by car is 30 minutes (around 20 kilometers).
Near Grindelwald First (Valley Station) is a small parking lot. We’ve also used Parkhaus Eiger+ without any problems.
If you would like to find the best car rental deals in Switzerland, check out Rentalcars.com. Reviews and comments help you find the right car in the right place for the right price. Also, it’s the world’s leading car rental app. You can compare cars and get the best deal by going to Rentalcars.com.
Am I allowed to travel from Interlaken to Grindelwald First?
Yes, Grindelwald First is currently open to visitors. There are no restrictions.
- First Cliff Walk – One of Grindelwald’s Most Beautiful Viewpoints
- Best Hotels in Interlaken
- Top 12 Stunning Places Near Interlaken
- Giessbach Falls Near Interlaken, Switzerland
- Interlaken: 8 Reasons Why You Should Visit
- Interlaken, Switzerland: An Excellent Base in Bernese Oberland
- Best Hotels in Interlaken
- Ultimate List of Steamboats in Switzerland’s Lakes