Interlaken is a world-famous town in Switzerland’s Bernese Oberland. Interlaken serves a great purpose as a base for visiting various tourist attractions in this region, including the nearby mountains. Specifically, you are close to Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau among many others.
From Interlaken, it is quite easy to get to Eiger Express.
How to Get From Interlaken to Eiger Express
To get from Interlaken to Eiger Express, you will simply have to follow this route:
- Take the regional train from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald Terminal.
- Go inside the Grindelwald Terminal and change to the Eiger Express gondola.
The Grindelwald Terminal is a new terminal that connects passengers to either Männlichen or Eiger Glacier (Eigergletscher in German).
The total travel time from Interlaken Ost to Eiger Express is 29 minutes.
The Eiger Express opened on December 5, 2020. As its name suggests, the Eiger Express is a state-of-the-art tricable gondola lift. It is also called the 3S gondola. It is one of the world’s most modern 3S gondolas.
3S gondola lifts can support great lengths and weights without having to erect many support towers. Along the 6.5 km length from Grindelwald to the Eiger Glacier, there are only 7 support towers. Isn’t it amazing? The carrier cable facilitates this process using 3S technology. Thus, the Eiger Express has been designed with minimal impact on nature and blends in more with the environment.
Going to Jungfraujoch with Eiger Express
You can also opt to head to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken with the Eiger Express.
|Route from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald
|Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald Terminal
|Grindelwald Terminal – Eiger Glacier (Eigergletscher)
|Eiger Glacier (Eigergletscher) – Jungfraujoch
- Where Is Eiger Express? Here Is an Overview
- Interlaken: 8 Reasons Why You Should Visit
- Interlaken, Switzerland: An Excellent Base in Bernese Oberland
- 8 Beautiful Towns Near Interlaken, Switzerland
- Top 12 Stunning Places Near Interlaken
- How to Get From Interlaken to Jungfraujoch: Your Options
- Jungfraujoch – When is the Best Time to Visit?
- Wengen, Switzerland: 8 Reasons To Love It
Darla Uhl is the owner of TouringSwitzerland.com. Her home is in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. Having lived almost 20 years in Switzerland, she's traveled extensively all over the country.
Darla's favorite regions to visit in Switzerland include Engadin, Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland, Ticino, and Valais. She loves spending time with her family, hiking, visiting museums, and reading books.