* Disclosure: By clicking on our affiliate links, you may support TouringSwitzerland.com while incurring no additional costs. We appreciate your support!
Interlaken is a world-famous town in Switzerland’s Bernese Oberland. Interlaken serves a great purpose as a base for visiting various tourist attractions in this region, including the nearby mountains. Specifically, you are close to Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau among many others.
From Interlaken, it is quite easy to get to Grindelwald.
How to Get From Interlaken to Grindelwald
It is quite easy to get from Interlaken to Grindelwald.
You just have to take the regional train from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald. The train ride takes 34 minutes. This route is typically served by two trains an hour.
Grindelwald Terminal is one stop ahead of Grindelwald Train Station.
How to Get From Interlaken to Grindelwald Terminal
The Grindelwald Terminal is a new terminal that connects passengers to either Männlichen or Eiger Glacier (Eigergletscher in German).
You can take the regional train from Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald Terminal. The train ride takes 29 minutes. This route is typically served by two trains an hour.
Inside the Grindelwald Terminal, you can change to either the Männlichen gondola or Eiger Express gondola.
TIP: For a couple of days in the Jungfrau Region, consider buying an unlimited transportation ticket so you can travel by train, boat, bus, gondola, and gondola on all the valid routes. You can get your ticket from GetYourGuide here – Jungfrau Travel Pass: Unlimited Transportation Ticket. The ticket covers Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Kleine Scheidegg, Grütschalp, Winteregg, and Mürren. Jungfraujoch tickets aren’t included, but you can get them at a special price.
- Where Is Eiger Express? Here Is an Overview
- Breathtaking Views in Männlichen, Switzerland
- How to Get From Interlaken to Eiger Express
- Interlaken: 8 Reasons Why You Should Visit
- Interlaken, Switzerland: An Excellent Base in Bernese Oberland
- 8 Beautiful Towns Near Interlaken, Switzerland
- How to Get From Interlaken to Jungfraujoch: Your Options
- Jungfraujoch – When is the Best Time to Visit?
- First Cliff Walk – One of Grindelwald’s Most Beautiful Viewpoints
Darla Uhl is the owner of TouringSwitzerland.com. Her home is in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. Having lived almost 20 years in Switzerland, she's traveled extensively all over the country.
Darla's favorite regions to visit in Switzerland include Engadin, Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland, Ticino, and Valais. She loves spending time with her family, hiking, visiting museums, and reading books.